Monday, July 9, 2012

I guess there's a first time for everything...

Can I start off this post by saying "I absolutely despised Blake from the second I laid eyes on him in the casting episode", without sounding like a huge douchebag?

Probably not, but I digress.

"I'm so typical, it's painful."

Since day one, I have been waiting for Blake to do something, anything, that stands out. It has never happened. The mentors fucking worship the ground he walks on, and I DON'T FUCKING UNDERSTAND IT, at all. Finally, in Adaptability, they finally found something they didn't like. Finally.


Do I have to mention he pretty much spoke his way through this song? The Glee Project blatantly proved that this song should never be performed by men, EVER AGAIN. I would have to say that if they were giving out awards for "Worst Homework Assignment Performance", Blake would have been handed that plaque before the song was even over. 

"Wait.. that sucked?!"

I'm not saying that I think Blake is an atrocious performer or anything, it was just that he is so... normal, it's unbearable. But, sometimes, there's a moment for everyone, where they really start to shine. And not just for so obviously being the poster child for what the world thinks young men should look like.


When Blake and Nellie were paired up to sing together, I figured there was no way he could stand out while singing such a powerful jam with NELLIE, who gives me the goosebumps every time she opens her mouth to sing. But, there IS a first time for everything.


For the first time ever, Blake really struck a chord in me. This was literally MOVING. I find it to be such an odd feeling when your perception of somebody completely turns around. Not only did he BEAT THE SHIT out of this song, but I couldn't keep my eyes off of him. They were both amazeballs. No question about it.


When certain contenders have to do last chance performances, it is their only hope for changing minds. This week, Blake did that for me. I never thought I'd be a fan of his, but he proved himself. Everything about this performance was solid gold. For the first time ever, I'm finding myself excited to see Blake in the next episode. But, I'm sure he'll do something to turn me off again.  We will see! Until next time, bitches!

No comments:

Post a Comment