Wednesday, July 25, 2012

BRICK

Ugh. THIS KID KILLS ME. "Charm on a Stick" as Ryan Murphy would say, and I could NOT agree more with that statement. Well said.


So, Michael hasn't been the best in the studio these past few weeks. I love him so much, but it infuriates me beyond comprehension when he fucks up in the booth because I don't think I'd be able to watch him get booted from the show without crying like Mr. Schuester during Nationals.

Every single week, Michael kind of skates on by while everyone else is literally killing themselves trying to win the homework assignments and trying not to get eliminated. You know it's true. Michael just does his own thing, and it works.

"What up Amber Riley?"

Yeah, so there he is... just doing his thing. And he manages to pull it off! What about that is "tenacious"? All I see is a dude that can get a girl pregnant just by singing to her. For serious.

HERE'S AN IDEA! Let's just tell him that he's not as good as Blake. Yup, that'll show him.

"Uhhhh... but Blake can do it."

"So can I, biotch. I just need like twenty tries first."

I have always considered Nikki to be a huge asshole, but telling someone that another contender is better than them while they're trying to focus? Not cool.

"Get ready to meet Blake 2.0"

So after Michael ended up finishing in the studio... it was now time for him to actually do something SERIOUS so that they don't send this beautiful boy home.


But my first question is: HOW THE HELLZ IS SOMEONE SUPPOSED TO FUCKING PLAY DOUBLE-DUTCH IF THEY DON'T KNOW HOW?!?!?!? This applies to Abraham, too. I went to an all black elementary school, and I can't even do that shit.

Erik and the mentors eventually figured out that double-dutch is hard as shit, so they switched to regular jumprope. Bravo, fucknuts. Anywho, I posted a link to "Eye of the Tiger" in my Dueling Divas post. But let's look at some wanky Michael screenshots, shall we?


YES. 

Now that we have all shared that moment together, we can proceed to being angry that Michael was in the bottom three. It pains me to admit this, but he didn't shine this week in the homework assignment or the studio. The video, though? I think they made a bigger deal out of the jumprope debacle than they probably should have. But I expect nothing less.


Michael came back full force with a last chance performance that I can only explain as a teenage dream. I was terrified that we would all have to relive his "Lucky" performance. Thankfully, we didn't have to. His rendition of "Brick" by Ben Folds Five was a compilation of everything good in the world coming together in the form of a boy who I expect to be the next Finn Hudson. A Finn Hudson that can actually dance, well.


I'd be comfortable telling you all that that just may be the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my life. It was fantastic. The last thing I would ever do is compare this kid to Blake. Yes, Blake's good, but Michael is one of a kind, and gives us something to root for. Absolutely amazing. 

Michael Weisman FTW.

1 comment:

  1. Is this the part where we collectively swoon over every movement Michael makes? Count. Me. The. Fuck. In. This kid needs to win this competition.

    ReplyDelete