Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Man in the Mirror

Abraham, oh Abraham. Such a rough week for this guy. As much as I love him, he was definitely the weakest link in general this week. I heard rumors before the episode aired that he was going to be sent home this episode. Don't hate me for it, but I wasn't surprised.


When it came down to the bottom three, (Lily, Michael, and Abraham), it was obvious who was going home based upon previous weeks and the all-around performance of Abraham in the video. If it were based solely on LCPs this week... that's a whole different ballpark because all three of them stepped up and worked the shit out of the songs they were given. 

"I embody tenacity. I was supposed to be a lawyer."

And that, he did! His performance in the homework assignment was pretty solid, and I disagree 100% with Amber Riley's comment about his diva-ness and "playing a character". I thought he was one of the strongest in the homework. I really don't think that anyone didn't do well, though.


That's the sex. I still think they should have done a song by "Tenacious D" for the homework assignment. Lucky for them, I don't work for The Glee Project. Maybe one day...

Ok, when talking about anyone's performance in this video, it is kind of difficult to criticize because of the terms and filming requirements. They had to film it in one take, and that has to be one of the hardest things to do. Like I said, the video was PERFECT, and everyone did wonderfully considering what they had to do. Then, Abraham fucked his ankle up...


I can't help but feel like this screwed his WHOLE game up for the video. I mean, how could it not? If this video didn't have to be shot in ONE take, they could have used his shots prior to his fall. Unluckily for him, that's not how tenacity week goes. 

Before I go on, I think that the editors fucked him royally for this episode. Yes, Abraham mentioned his fall numerous times, and even said:

"If there's a will, there's a way. If that's not tenacity, then YOU TELL ME."

Which might make him seem like he was using it as a tenacity advantage. But also consider the hours upon hours of footage that they don't use. That one single line shed a different light on the whole situation. For the record, I don't think his accident was on purpose and I don't think he played it to portray himself in the most tenacious of lights. It happened. They chose to use it. Whatevz. 


Like I said, I think he had the weakest performance in the video, and when the competition has only seven remaining contenders, being the weakest will ruin your chances and pretty much guarantee you a slot in the bottom three.


Now, let's talk about his LCP. By far, his best performance to date. I thought his rendition of "Stereo Hearts" last week was the best. This week, he proved his vocal power, once again. 


During his practice, I was very worried due to his overflow of emotions. But this kid really killed it. Even though this was his last week, he went out with a BANG, and I'm so proud of him. 


Beautiful. Wonderful. Amazing. Moving. Powerful. I really have to say that I enjoyed watching this performance (all seven times). And Abraham, if you're reading this... I think you're an amazing person, an amazing performer, and every other positive praise I can give you. You have shared your story with so many people who now look up to you. You should be so proud of yourself, man! I wish you the best of luck in your career that I am sure is going to be an amazing ride. Much love to you!

Follow me on Twitter, folks! @bobfoundGLEEK And everyone stay tuned for an OMGlee Project EXCLUSIVE Q&A with Abraham coming soon! Love ya's all! Keep reading! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment