Sunday, July 8, 2012

The United States of Charlie

The mentors have been yelling at Charlie for everything under the sun since week one. Rather than talking about how "unprofessional" Charlie is, let's begin with one of the obviously more relevant facets of reality television... drama.

"Hey Charlie! I'm bored with you. Bye!"

"This bitch is going DOWN."

Charlie and Aylin's short lived on screen romance was rather, callow. It's obvious that the producers deemed this "story line" to be of the more important realms of The Glee Project, but why is it over so soon? Who knows.

"Snuggle time is OVER."

Charlie has always been one of the contenders that I was somehow fascinated by. I have been back and forth about how I feel about him as a performer, and whether I consider him Glee-worthy. At first, I wasn't really understanding him and was kind of annoyed by his childish demeanor, but as the weeks continue, those  became the attributes that really began to stand out. I'm beginning to consider the fact that Charlie just might have up to five alter-egos. Have you met Scott Campbell?

"The only thing I request from people below the poverty line is caviar."

That has to be one of the fucking funniest things I have ever heard. Charlie really was in character at this shoot, and I didn't see an issue with what the mentors scolded him for. That must have been some behind-the-scenes shit that they edited out or something. Isn't that adapting, though? Scott Campbell FTW.


Charlie's performance in the homework assignment was pretty good, considering this song only sounds normal when sung by a lady. He did what he had to do, once again. He changed the lyrics to better suit him as a performer. I would've been pretty pumped if he did this in drag or something, I'm still hoping that one of his personalities is a female.

"I have already committed to saying 'yes' to everything."

I'm hoping that is one of the fifty shades of Charlie. Until next time, bitches!

No comments:

Post a Comment