Friday, July 6, 2012

Brutal Honesty

From the very beginning, I kind of liked Mario. As the weeks went on, I started to lose interest in him. His poor attitude was a huge turnoff. During sexuality week when Tyler went home, I fully believe it should have been Mario. Adaptability would have been a great week for Tyler. Unfortunately, I have no say in this. Fuck. Life goes on.

"Isn't this The Mario Project?"

So let's talk about Mario's last week. I have literally given him no attention in any of my posts, besides when I made a fuss about him being a super douche bag during vulnerability week. Congratulations, you are now on my chopping block, buddy. 


Ok, so I'm going to play nice for a minute. "You Oughta Know" by Alanis Morissette is known throughout the world, and is really a decent song. When sung by men, though, not so pretty. Mario was pretty much the only dude in the cast that didn't totally butcher this jam. So, now everyone can love me, because I'm being nice. Time to move on to the shoot...

"Mario, what's your vibe?"

"Girls and money."

"Well I'm not getting that from you, at all."

Then, once again, Mario acts like he has NO FUCKING CLUE that he's not on point. 

"I'm really confused. I'm the best actor/singer/dancer/everything here. I'm still waiting for them to understand that. Fucking amateurs."

It really pisses me off that this kid can't take direction or advice from anyone. Although the mentors tend to overreact to pretty much everything, THEY ARE THE ONES THAT DECIDE YOUR FATE, BRO! Too late to switch your game up now!


To nobody's dismay, Mario was in the bottom three. He had to sing a duet with Charlie, and it was hilarious when they got paired up because they are so different and definitely underwent a power struggle. 

"I'm going to outshine the shit out of you, Charlie."

In the dressing rooms...

"We're doing this my way, bitch."

"Are you fucking kidding me?!"

Watching Charlie and Mario discuss their plans for singing this track was hysterical, to say the least. The mentors obviously paired them up to see how they could both handle it. "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me" is a great song, and Mario never heard it before. I was really eager to see how it turned out, and surprisingly, it was one of the best last chance performances to date.


Their rendition of this track was passionate and beautiful, despite their differences and every other odd that was against them. I'm sure I am not alone when I say that this was the best last chance performance of the episode, if not this season thus far. If there's ever a way to go out with a bang, Mario surely owned that one.


Although I was pretty positive Mario was going to be eliminated (and I agree with that decision), I still ended up crying when it happened. It sucks sometimes when you end up becoming a fan of everyone on this show, and have to watch their dreams get shattered and then have to bear through another version of the worst Avril Lasagna song ever. It's like the biggest bitch out EVER.


 I wish Mario the best of luck in his future endeavors. Keep holding on.

1 comment:

  1. Best last chance performance, really? Waiting for A Girl Like You by Blake/Nellie? Fix You by Charlie? Without You by Aylin? I dunno, I think all three of those were without question better than Don't Let The Sun Go Down on Me, although I do agree it is up there.

    ReplyDelete