Sunday, July 22, 2012

The REAL Nellie

"I'm thinking about stepping my game up."

I know a lot of people are going to hate me for this, but I have accepted Nellie's departure. It's not that I didn't grow to love her, it's more like... I don't think that she was competing against the other contenders. It's obvious that her biggest fight was with herself. And that is OK. Nellie literally has a heaven-sent voice; I would never dispute that. I just think that some of the other contenders are stronger performers.
None of what I am saying is fact; merely just opinions from yours truly. Nellie could have ended up not getting eliminated and winning if she was given more chances. I usually trust Ryan Murphy's judgement, though. That is all.


As soon as the episode started, she even said she KNEW she wasn't doing great the past few weeks, and she even touched on her confidence issue. But it was theatricality week! I had faith in her!


Nellie in the homework assignment wasn't amazing, but it was totally Nellie. I'm not a huge fan of show tunes to begin with, believe it or not. BOOM. So, all of the contenders were assigned various Pop/Rock icons for the "When I Grow Up" video. And Nellie was given Ms. Britney Spears.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

"WHHYYY do they keep torturing me?! Have I said this yet? I don't DO sultry!!"

Oh, but honey... YOU DO. And from what I remember, you did it well. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you pretty much owned the "Moves/Milkshake" video. 


And I think Nellie did well in "When I Grow Up". I also think that they did MANY shots to get it right, but still. That's what I would say is one of her biggest problems. Sometimes it takes a lot for her to get it together, and everyone has to tell her what to do/ how to perform her character, but it always comes through in the end. 

Let's talk about her last chance performance.


Which was AMAZING. All three of her LCPs were so beautiful. There is NO doubt about that. Why, though? Why are Nellie's last chance performances always so much more real and emotional and moving than her performances in the videos? It's really very simple. She IS the stage. That's where she doesn't have to fake who she is. That's where she can truly be herself and showcase her brilliant voice. This is where we get to see the real Nellie; the Nellie we love and will always root for. 


But, unfortunately, Ryan didn't see a future for her on The Glee Project. We all know this is not the end of her road, at all. This girl is going to light up the world one day. I'm just happy we all got to see the start of her journey. Here's to Nellie!

Follow me on Twitter: @bobfoundGLEEK!! Love ya's!

No comments:

Post a Comment